Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Daily Proverbs

As women, we wear many "hats".  First of all, we are daughters, grand daughters, nieces, cousins and friends. Then most of us become wives, mothers and grand mothers.  Each of these positions take wisdom and understanding, we can choose where we receive this wisdom from, the world or God's Word, and we can either rely on our own understanding or to trust the Lord.

Organization and focus are not my strong points and I have recently discovered many helpful hints from the Duggar family in these areas.  One of them is to read a chapter from Proverbs every morning.  For instance, today is the 3rd, so we read Proverbs 3 this morning.   It holds a few of my most treasured verses that I have stamped in my heart to carry me through many storms of this life.  "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.  In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.  Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.  It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones."  Proverbs 3:5-8

I do not understand all that we face in this world, and to lean on my own understanding would be a disaster.  Each day we face the latest news regarding politics, global warming, the financial status of our country, and the evil that takes place across the world......who do we listen to for guidance?  Who do we trust?  If we turn to the Word of God, we gain wisdom and insight, we learn to also listen to Godly people that God brings into our lives and we always need to listen to them with discernment because we are all human.

I have learned that no matter what the news is saying, if I follow the scriptures, I have no fear.  Frustration...yes at times, fear.....no.  I have not always been so smart, I have listened to the crowd, listened to the people around me (which I thought were my friends) and followed the crowd like a cow follows the herd.  Do you know anyone like this?  The world tells us that as women, we can have it all!  We can have the career, we can have the family, we can have the Mercedes, we can have the house on the hill with so many rooms we don't know what to do with them.  We have to ask ourselves, is that what we really want?  And if it is, why?  For bragging rights?  To look better than others?  To look like we have it all together, when in reality, our children are being raised by the public school system because they spend most of their time within those walls and only a few hours a week in church.  We wonder, why do our children not listen to us?  Where are we failing?  Children become who they are around the most.  Who do you want that to be?  Someone that only teaches for the paycheck?  Friends that communicate mostly with sarcasm?

Ask yourself this question......Why was I created?  What is my true purpose?
Then look to the Word of God, the master of all creation.  Genesis 1:18  "And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him."  If you read through Genesis, you can see that every living creature was formed "out of the ground"...except for us.  Even Adam was formed "of the dust of the ground".  God took a rib from Adam, "closed up the flesh" and made a woman.  We are specially made for a special purpose. 

In all of this worldly madness and the many "hats" that we have to wear, we need to remember exactly who we are.  We are the daughter of the King, a child of God, created to be our husbands help meet and a Godly mother.  We are free to be simply who we are created to be and not who the world tells us we have to be.  Being who we are created to be isn't easy either, but it holds a freedom above everything else.  There are no words to describe how much freedom there is in knowing that you are fulfilling your God given purpose.
Jump off of the worldly merry-go-round that spins endlessly.
I dare you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome and thank you for visiting! I welcome your comments, but please be respectful. May God bless you with wisdom and understanding all of your days!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

WE PROUDLY
SUPPORT
ISRAEL