Monday, September 3, 2012

Learning As We Go....


It has been quite awhile since I've posted and for that I apologize.  At times life gets so busy, I can barely remember what my name is.  Some of you may know that I have another blog called Ozark Mountain Family Homestead, and others of you may not.  My initial purpose for this was to keep the homesteading topics for those truly interested in them separate from the topics that Christian women are concerned with.  I was concerned that some women would shy away from the homesteading aspects.  That concern is valid, however, it is who I am and it is what my journey is about which is what this blog is supposed to give you a picture of.  So in the future, I intend to post about all aspects of our life right here and I hope you will be encouraged by it.

This past month has revolved around calving, hatching eggs, fiddle festivals and through all of this, how to glorify God in our every day thoughts and actions.  

We have struggled with the animals, we have struggled with relationships and we have struggled with the extreme heat.  In between all of that, the garden has continued to produce, we have continued to can as much food as possible and school time has started.

Today we are currently waiting on the vet to come and put our precious calf on an IV due to dehydration.  

Part of my journey as a help meet currently consists of keeping up with all of this while my dear husband travels.  It is where God has us right now and we are being taught how tight our heart strings are wrapped around home and each other.  

Last night we had one guinea keet hatch.  One.  The guinea egg story is a long one, which I won't go into on this post, but it is safe to say we were expecting more than one to hatch.  Even so, we celebrated this one little keet hatching, watching patiently and sometimes not so patiently, only to discover that it's feet were curled up into little fists.  After a few hours, I googled this topic and learned how to make little shoes for it so it's bones would harden correctly.  So far so good!


I'm hoping to get some beef broth cooked up and canned today, but that will depend on how things go with the calf today.  

Everything is still soaking wet from the remnants of hurricane Isaac over the weekend.  Thankfully, our extreme drought conditions received over 5 inches of a slow and steady rain.  It was brought to my attention how many of our local churches and members have been praying for rain and God answered the prayer by sending Isaac.  All of the models showed it's path going completely east of us, but at the last moments, it came directly where we needed it to receive the rain.  

May you be blessed today and may you be a blessing to others!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome and thank you for visiting! I welcome your comments, but please be respectful. May God bless you with wisdom and understanding all of your days!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

WE PROUDLY
SUPPORT
ISRAEL